Wire you still not working?!?

The new controller and charger arrived today, so I asked Darren of Cycle Squads to come over and hook it up for me.  Darren knows all about electric motorcycles, but he couldn't get mine to work again.

In the process of installing the controller,  he touched two wires together and got a little electrocuted.  The spark burned a hole right through his metal wire clipper, and we're lucky he didn't get completely fried in the process.  Later, something else got connected wrong and we had a small electric fire.  The whole bloody wire disintegrated all the way down to the controller box.  I guess he had a bad connection.

After hooking up the rest of the wires up, we got nothing from the bike or the battery.  By this time, I was actually relieved it didn't work so that I wouldn't have to sweep this guy up off my lawn with a dust pan and broom. It was a painfully disappointing attempt.  I figure by the smell of things that the brand new controller I just bought is now fried, as well.

There's really nothing left to do about it now, and after today, I am too scared to touch anything on it myself.  I am so sad that I will now be paying for this thing for the next 3 years!  All that money I could have spent on a regular old moped, or even a car!  But NO, I had to try and be different, to try to make the world a better place, to try and be independent.  And I have failed miserably.
I hope the guy who sold me the magic beans is enjoying his life, and my hard earned money.  I wish he could see me having to walk sadly to my job with my head down to avoid the unwanted advances from guys at the bus stop, just so I can work all day to pay for a broken, un-fixable piece of junk.
I am ready to chalk it up as a total loss.  I guess the U.S. is just not ready for electric vehicles.  I hope the world ends this year. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. My guess is, your new controller replacement not compatible with your electric scooter, or your new controller can't recognize your Motor. By the way, Motor is strong(not easily broken). I have two electric scooter with 400 and 800 watts motor, for more than 6 month ago and still fine, right now. Sorry for my english.

    ReplyDelete